Botanical Name: Caladium sp.
Plant Type: Herb Plant
- Indoor Plant
- Attractive Foliage (leaves)
- Plants thrive in moist, well-drained soil and are generally happier in partial shade
- When you plant caladiums, you should plant them about 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm.) deep and 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm.) apart
- The most important factors in caladium care are moisture and feeding
- The fertilizer will help strengthen the plants to produce adequate tubers
- Soil should have plenty of organic material and be acidic with a pH of less than 6.0
- Well draining soil is important, but caladiums can tolerate occasionally wet soil.