The ZZ plant is a low-maintenance indoor plant with small glossy leaves on stems that can grow up to 3 feet long indoors and with wide, beautiful, dark green foliage. It has a number of beneficial characteristics for businesses and homes. The smooth, shiny leaves reflect light and brighten spaces.
Does well in indirect light that is medium to bright. Lower indirect light is tolerable. Intense, direct sunlight is not recommended.
Water every two to three weeks, allowing the soil to dry in between. Watering is to be done more frequently in better light and less frequently in lower light.
Most houseplants enjoy temperatures in the 65°F to 85°F (18°C-30°C) range; they can tolerate dry air. It's good to keep it above 60°F (15°C).
Use a potting mix that drains properly. To encourage soil aeration, add substances like perlite or lava rocks as needed.
- The ZZ plant is also an air cleaner, and researchers discovered in a NASA study that it is particularly good at eliminating contaminants like xylene, toluene, and benzene from the air.
- Increase staff output.
- Decrease your stress levels.
- Blood pressure is reduced.
- Increasing oxygen levels and reducing the ill time by eliminating airborne microbes.
Botanical Name: Zamioculcas zamiifolia
Plant Type: Indoor Plant
- Indoor Plant
- Attractive Foliage (leaves)